Sunday, August 31, 2008

Okay, Okay, Okay




I know it has been forever since I made my last post, but I feel like my life is kinda boring right now. So I will try to recap on everything that has happened in the last few months. As many of you know, I had spent the last few months training for a 5k race. I finally completed it on August 2, 2008 in just under 42 minutes. Being that it was my first race ever, it was also my personal best!! Here is the picture of me crossing the finish line.



I went back to Arizona the following week for Suzette's wedding reception and to see the family because I hadn't seen everybody since I left in March. It was good to see everybody and to hang out with Kiley. Here are a few pictures of her that I took while we were outside in Grandma's backyard.

















This is Kiley wearing my sunglasses, posing like always!!!
















Here she is playing with the toy dolphin.

I had my first experience with a tropical storm, Fay, but the worst we got was a lot of rain. There are some areas near the Atlantic coast, and also north of Orlando that experienced flooding, but we are okay. Now we are getting quite a bit of rain from Hurricane Gustav, but it shouldn't be too bad either. However, there is another storm, Hanna, that is headed for Florida, so we will see what happens with that.

I have decided that I am going to run another 5k, at the end of October, so training starts tomorrow. Hopefully this gets everyone up to date, and I will try to do better at keeping my blog updated.

2 comments:

Adam and Emily said...

Finally!! I know I just saw you at Suzette's wedding, But it's cool to see your pictures and stuff. Congrats on the 5k... and good luck with your next one! Go Trina!

Davis said...

Thank you so much for coming out to my wedding. That really meant a lot to me. I wish I had more time to visit with you guys! Congrats on the 5K...that is awesome!! Good luck on the next one!